For almost 100 years Meikles has been acclaimed as Zimbabwe’s premier luxury five-star hotel. It is situated in the heart of the capital city Harare. When you step into the elegant foyer at Meikles, you will know you have made the right choice. The smartly-turned out, professional and warmly welcoming staff, the smiles and efficiency, the meticulous attention to detail, the furnishings and ambience, the grand piano being quietly played to guests relaxing over coffee and cakes, tells you why Meikles continues to win the coveted title of Best City Hotel in Zimbabwe. With two luxurious multi-storey wings, offset to give the north-facing rooms of both wings breath-taking panoramic views of Africa Unity Square, Meikles is a favourite amongst business and leisure travellers to Harare. Interconnecting rooms are available in the South Wing with inter-leading doors to create family suites. There are twelve floors of non-smoking rooms as well as rooms for guests with special physical needs. From the 306 rooms, there is something to appeal to every kind of guest.
- Here are a few special highlights found in Harare that we've picked out -
- Zimbabwe’s vibrant capital is also known as the ‘sunshine city’ due to its excellent climate
- Harare is covered in beautiful trees that add colour throughout the year e.g. the famous purple Jacarandas in Sept/Oct
- The city is home to markets (e.g. Avondale Craft Market) where one can bargain for a variety of creatively homemade curios.
- If you are keen golfer then world class courses can be found at Royal Harare, Chapman and Borrowdale Brooke
- Shopaholics will enjoy the modern open air mall at Sam Levy’s Village in Borrowdale
- For hiking and beautiful scenery visit the Botannical Gardens or climb up Dombashava and Ngomakurira where you can find well preserved rock paintings
- Meikles has 130 Deluxe Rooms, 12 Deluxe Park View Rooms, 9 Double Club Rooms, 2 Honeymoon Suites, 12 Club Park View Rooms, 1 Royal Suite, 1 Presidential and 1 Imperial Suites.
- All rooms have bathrooms with bath/shower combination
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Mini Bar
- In-Room Safe
- Internet access, Telephone
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Express Laundry, Trouser Press and Butler Service
- Some bedrooms have inter-leading doors to other bedrooms and are therefore suitable for family groups
- South Wing guests have easy access to the swimming pool on the hotel’s top floor, with stunning views across Harare and a welcoming social area for relaxation, adjacent to a gymnasium and spa.
- Airport Transfers (on request)
- Babysitting (on request)
- Business Centre, Bureau de change
- Car Parkade
- Car Rental Service
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Complimentary early morning tea/coffee and biscuit
- Computer points; modems and adaptors
- Concierge Service – Full, 24hrs
- Conference Facilities
- Garden Terrace
- Gift Shop
- Golf Club Membership
- Health Salon
- House Doctor and Medical Air Rescue Service
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning
- Safety deposit boxes
- Swimming Pool
- Shopping Mall
- Taxis Services
- VIP programme
- The hotel Pool, Gym and Bijou Massage Lounge are all located on the roof of the hotel with some of the best views over Harare
- There is an enterprising shoe shine service offered near the hotel reception on the ground floor. This has been a delightful long standing tradition of Meikles.
- Gourmet cuisine is offered during lunch and dinner in La Fontaine Restaurant and Can Can Bar, whilst a daily buffet breakfast is served in the Pavillion Restaurant and Terrace, which has superb views over the rooftop garden and Africa Unity Square.
- There are also a number of bars and lounges including the Explorer\'s Club located on the ground floor, which embodies the hotel's rich history. The Tea Lounge, also located on the ground floor is a great place to network and here the High Tea is an occasion not to be missed.
- 15 themed function rooms provide a myriad of options for conferencing and banqueting
BY ROAD :- Miekles Hotel is located at Corner 3rd Street & Jason Moyo Avenue, Harare. It can be accessed by transfer or own vehicle.
The following guests had this to say following their recent stay at Meikles Hotel :- Nkosinathi Z from Leeds, United Kingdom The hotel is excellent and probably the best the country can offer to the visiting tourist and business people, I had a room facing the park which had the best view of the city.
Danielle L from San Mateo, California The care and service I received was finer than any 5 star hotels I've ever visited. The wonderful guest service manager and his staff treated me like a queen, but what I noticed is that every guest felt their kindness too.
Howard from Kampla, UgandaThe rooms are nice and kept very clean and it wasn't a problem that I wasn't in the newly refurbished wing. Beds are very comfy and the hotel staff are very welcoming.
Trent B from Johannesburg, South Africa My room was perfectly fine and I cannot find fault. The restaurant breakfast and lunch was reasonable in quality and quantity.
Puri Pallavi from Bangalore, India“Great Hotel, Decent Food and Lovely People”