Chobe Safari Lodge, located on the banks of the Chobe River in northern Botswana, is the best destination for serious game viewers. Situated in the town of Kasane, the lodge is close to where the borders of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Zambia meet. The Chobe Safari Lodge is the ideal choice of accommodation if you were planning to visit the Chobe area, the majestic Victoria Falls or the Zambezi region (formerly named the Caprivi Strip). The lodge borders on the Chobe National Park, which is part of the Chobe-Linyati-Kwando- river system. The series of islands, floodplains and lakes ensure an abundance of wildlife. The Park is home to over 80 000 elephants as well as numerous herds of buffalo. In the dry winter season the animals move closer to the Chobe River, so you will be able to view large herds of elephant and buffalo. Other plentiful game include lion, leopard, hippo, crocodile, giraffe, as well as puku, kudu and other antelope.
- Here are a few special highlights found in this area that we've picked out:-
- An area noted for its fantastic wildlife especially in the National Park along the river’s edge
- A morning game drive (on the Botswana side of the river) usually yields great game sightings
- An afternoon boat cruise is the best way to soak up the special scenery, sunset and view animals from the river
- Look out for antelope species like Puku and the rare Red Lechwe
- 46 Safari Rooms:- Individually decorated, they offer every comfort and they have air-conditioning, luxurious en-suite bath and shower facilities, as well as satellite TV, and telephone. The Safari rooms enjoy expansive lawns which form the banks of the Chobe river. Each room has its own patio that gives one the privacy of enjoying views of the river from the comfort of your own room. The rooms are also in close proximity to the main complex
- River Rooms:- The north east facing luxurious twin-bed river rooms are air-conditioned and offer the convenience of phone, TV and large en-suite bathrooms
- Rondavels:- The traditional thatched rondavels are independently positioned, with ceiling fans and en-suite bathrooms. These detached units are positioned close to the river in the lodge gardens. The rondavels are positioned to the west of the main complex and are also a very short walk to the main complex
- Camping:- The famous Chobe Safari lodge campsite offers individual sites scattered amongst the riverine forest close to the Chobe River. Each site has its own power point and is close to one of the modern ablution facilities
- Cocktail Bar & Sedudu Bar:- Two bars are located on the property giving guests a choice between Sedudu Bar famous for most beautiful sunsets or Cocktail Bar overlooking Caprivi flood plains
- Dinner Cruises:- Dine under the stars on board of our boats FishEagle II or Kingfisher II and turn your evening meal into an unforgetable occasion
- Enjoy a succulent buffet dinner consisting of starters, main courses and deserts while the boat cruises on Chobe River between the shores of Botswana and Namibia
- Activities Center
- Health & Beauty Salon
- Internet Café
- Curio & Craft Shop
- A volley ball and squash court
Chobe Safari Lodge can be accessed by self-drive or air and transfer
Directions: Chobe Safari Lodge can easily be reached on a self-drive safari passing through Kasane. If you arrive at the nearby Kasane Airport a complimentary transfer to the lodge can be arranged if booked in advance.
- The following guests had this to say following their stay at Chobe Safari Lodge :-
Sten from Stockholm, SwedenVery good lodge right at the river and there is a good chance to see buffalos, elephants, and many other animals. This place is really worth visiting!
Chris from Bishops Stortford United KingdomA definite return next time I am in this area.
Robert from Gold CoastParadise on the river, I will definitely do another trip to Chobe National Park.
Gretchen from Miami, FloridaThe lodge is beautiful and our room was just great. We had warthogs, baboons, and hoofed animals right outside or our window. A very nice experience.
John from Prague, Czech RepublicWildlife resort. The place is great we will definitely return.